It may still be January, but UMBC’s students are already thinking ahead to Spring Break — and not for the reasons you may be thinking. UMBC’s Alternative Spring Break, which gives students a chance to band together and volunteer in a variety of settings, is as popular as ever this year.
Among the trips planned for this March:
- ARC Trip (serving mentally and physically disabled individuals in Carroll County)
- Environmental Trip (emphasizing sustainable living in urban environments)
- Through the Eyes of a Refugee (focusing on the refugee population in Baltimore City)
- Animal Advocacy Trip (exploring animal rights and humane treatment of animals)
- Day in the Life (focusing on homelessness in Baltimore City)
How great is that? We’re so proud of the ways UMBC students make a difference in the world! Read more about the Alternative Spring Break here.